Saturday, August 01, 2009

Baked Breakfast Pasta?


I woke up this morning to a light rain- which was a very refreshing way to start a hot summer day. I was too lazy to walk out of my building to pick up bread or tortillas for breakfast- I was craving for bread and cheese. So I came up with the following recipe with some leftover pasta (which I figured was basically strings of tortilla).

3 cups of leftover spaghetti, chopped into small pieces
Mix with
1/4 cup of feta cheese
1/4 cup of gruyere cheese
1/4 cup of tulum peyniri (or any other white cheese, saltier the better)
1/2 cup of chopped parsley
1/4 of an onion, finely chopped
3 scallions, chopped
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper to taste

Mix all of the above and place in a pyrex that could fit into a toaster oven. Drizzle some olive oil over the mixture.

Blend two eggs with a 1/4 cup of milk. Pour over the mixture in the pyrex.

Crack two eggs on top and place in your toaster oven for 15 minutes, until the eggs reach your desired consistency. Longer if you prefer your eggs fully cooked.

No comments: