Monday, October 11, 2010

Easy ad Thai with shrimp and squid

I hope my Thai friends won't hate me for this but I finally managed to create an easy Pad Thai recipe that is good enough to bring me back memories of the food from Bangkok. I think this recipe will make Thai food lovers who are distant from Thailand and good Thai restaurants happy enough!



(P.S.: Sorry for the bad picture, this was cooked impromptu and I had to photograph it with my phone).

Soak rice noodles for 15 minutes in boiling water (with the heat off), drain and set aside.

Heat 1 table spoon of vegetable oil in a wok.
Stir fry 1 half mooned onion with two minced cloves of garlic
Add 1 table spoon of red pepper flakes
Add 1 cup of julienned red peppers
Add in the squid and shrimp and stir fry for just another minute (not more otherwise the seafood will overcook!)
Add in the noodles
Add in 1 cup of sweet chili sauce (can be found in most grocery stores, even in Turkey, in the Asian food section)
Add 2 table spoons fish sauce
Mix in 3 spring onions cut in 2cm pieces
Season with salt
Squeeze 1 lime into the noodles and mix everything together
Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and ground peanuts and enjoy!!!

No comments: