Sunday, April 05, 2009

Nova Lox- Simple, light, tasty summer breakfast



I love this simple combination bringing together the freshness of cucumbers and tomatoes together with salmon's rich smoked taste. I only wish we could easily find bagels in Turkey. My friend executive chef David Shipman smokes the salmon for us at his home in Istanbul....and I never imagined smoked salmon could taste this good until David home-smoked the first batch.

Toast a few slices of bread (or better yet bagels if you can get them)
Put a thin layer of cream cheese on the toasts
Garnish with thinly sliced fresh tomatoes, cucumbers and red onion
Place the salmon above them.
Add salt and pepper to taste and top with capers.
Enjoy

1 comment:

Sam said...

This is a little late... but smoked salmon tastes equally good in my opinion on either a fresh simit, or a fresh acma...